“Keeping the Promise”
Are you a parent with an adopted child under 18 in your home in need of intensive in-home therapy? The Baby Fold “Keeping The Promise” Adoption Preservation program provides supportive services for any adoptive child living within our service area to help them stabilize in their home. Services are provided to families formed through DCFS adoption, subsidized guardianship; private domestic or foreign adoption or out of state adoption. You do not need to have gone through The Baby Fold for your adoption – these services are available to any adoptive family living within the 22 county service area.
Some of the more common challenges/presenting problems we address:
- Attachment difficulties
- Chronic lying /or stealing
- Peer problems
- Eating or sleep disturbances
- Sexual acting out
- Behavioral problems
- Wetting and defecating issues
- Family adjustment
- Grief resolution
- Learning disabilities
- In-home family and individual therapy and consultations
- Support groups for parents and adoptive children
- School consultation and advocacy
- Respite resources including Camp Take-A-Break for children ages 6-14
- Support in accessing community resources
- Resource library for families and professionals.
- Group and individual adult education classes on therapeutic interventions such as Trust Based Relational Intervention, Attachment Self-Regulation and Competency, Facilitating Attachment in Children with Trauma
This program is open to self-referrals. For more information contact the clinical program manager at (309) 557-1066. KTP is one of several programs across the state providing similar services. If you do not live within KTP’s identified service area please call DCFS at 1-800-572-2390 for your local preservation provider.
If you are parenting an adopted child between the ages of 10-17 and could use some help managing stress and challenging behaviors, TARGET may be for you – TARGET – A new program for adoptive families
Keeping the Promise Service Area
Accreditation and Funding
The Baby Fold’s Adoption Preservation program is accredited by the Council on Accreditation. This program is funded by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.